Thursday, March 11, 2010

Imma Blue - what are you??

Have you ever done a personality test?  On an Online dating website that I was once a member of, they had a Color Code Test.  This particular website allowed the men and women to freely mingle in chat rooms and email within the site, so the “Color” of a person was always a hot topic.  That site had a nice, long, in-depth explanation of the codes, your color, and which colors you were most compatible with.  I’m a Blue.  A good ‘ole Blue.  This test states that Blue’s are impatient – I’ll confess to that one.  I can’t wait for people to see their pictures, I can’t wait for a baby to be born, a job to start, company to come, or a decision to get made.  In fact, I’ve made some pretty bad decisions because I just didn’t want to wait for [good] advice – which I can imagine would’ve saved me a lot of heartache.  Hardly will I even stay still enough to listen out for God to give me an answer!  Now that’s impatient!  I’m getting much better at waiting though. 

I had to do some research again on my Blue personality today.  I’ve let my feelings get hurt, when I probably shouldn’t have taken the issue personally….its a “blue” thing.  I looked on Wikipedia and this is what I found… “You can bet Blues will be the ones to refer back to the Color Code materials because they have made a commitment to learn, to become self-aware and to be their best.”  Ha!  Wow! And I just saw that one.  The Good:  “Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; [the bad] but they can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody.”  Self-righteous?  Hmmmm, I dunno ‘bout that.  Maybe with my kids.  I’m right, right?  I’m the mom!  So there!  Worry-prone?  That’s getting better. I think my mom died from worry. I don’t want to go like that. Moody?  Imma girl.  We’re just like that.  I’m emotional.  I cry during  the father-daughter dance, and I may not have ever met those people in my LIFE!  I think that’s really funny. 

We’re the intimate ones; the ones that freak out if we’re given the silent treatment.  We want to communicate with the universe and get along with everyone. We’re committed and loyal.  Abe Lincoln was a Blue.  Abe suffered from depression.  He was very hard on himself, yet was considered one of our greatest leaders – he didn’t pay much attention to his doing-good ability.  He was just doing what was right ~ how can THAT possibly be a big deal!? ; )  On Wikipedia, we ARE the Do-gooders. 


Go ahead.  What's YOUR color??

No comments:

Post a Comment