Thursday, June 9, 2011

Act 1 - Thankful Thursday ~ Thankful for Kindness

My beautiful friend, Becky, came up with the term, “Thankful Thursday” to counteract a grumbling attitude (to visit her: Becky's Blog ~ she's pretty groovy).  This was a few years ago, and I do my best to remind myself of this day and reflect on the things I have to be thankful for – aka gratitude. 

This week I have encountered kind people. So this Thursday, I’m reflecting on the kindly attitudes of others. 

random act of kindness cartoons, random act of kindness cartoon, random act of kindness picture, random act of kindness pictures, random act of kindness image, random act of kindness images, random act of kindness illustration, random act of kindness illustrations
I wholeheartedly believe that God has us all here for each other.  We are to be an extension of Himself.  To reach out, help, listen to, encourage, and love:

1 Thessalonians 4:9-10:  Regarding life together and getting along with each other, you don't need me to tell you what to do. You're God-taught in these matters. Just love one another! You're already good at it; your friends all over the province of Macedonia are the evidence. Keep it up; get better and better at it. (MSG)

Its been a work-week after work at my house.  We’re putting up a “ring-pool” and the sand has to be level; 1) without asking, my neighbor came over to help. (it’s still not done or up and its HAUT!)  2) The cashier ran my bag out to the parking lot that I had left behind.  Another lady, that has a wild disability, listed an item on freecycle  that I needed very badly – 3) her kind act was allowing (and trusting) strangers to come to her home when she is unable to defend herself.)  Then, for the finale, 4) a gentleman stopped and offered to help strap the item I got from the lady to my car – he's lent me an expensive tool to strap it down. He’s trusting me to bring it back to him this Saturday.

I don’t know about you, but I just feel loved and cared for when people are kind to me ~ maybe people feel the same when I'm kind as well. 

I think "Thankful Thursday" shall be a regular day or topic for me to blog about.  : )

Now go out and be nice.  



1 comment:

  1. I am THANKFUL for YOU! Will you be kind to me and let me come swim in your new pool?? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete