Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Off the chart for the night....

I started grumbling today.  Just tired and needed some encouragement. I asked for it from my Facebook buds, received the gifts, and then felt better in a record amount of time. 

Things do not stay the same. They are constantly changing.  So my motto is, "It isn't always gonna be like this."  I can say that, but some things haven't changed in 15 years. I realized today that I'm still not totally content with this "sameness" - for lack of a better word. I tell myself I am for a while, then a night like this comes in and tries to steal my joy.  I really believe God isn't going to move certain things until I get content with where I am.  To wear it and appreciate it like an old worn sweatshirt.  God wants my undivided attention. I'm His baby girl, and  I need to be content with that, and that alone. He sees me, hears me, and knows my heart better than any human.  That's a gift.  To be His.  

So, here are some gifts that I was thinking about the past few days....

22) The gift of being a God's kid.

23) Hot shower on a bone-cold day.

24) Blankets (lots of them!)

25) The hairdryer that blows hot air (can you tell I was cold that day?)

26) My Facebook friends that I don't get to see too much in person.

27) The smell of the fireplace smoke in the mornings coming from my neighbor's house.

28) Precious neighbors that look out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment